17 November 2009

Ramblings } Oye, Salads

Sooo, this past wedding season really took a toll on my eating habits.  If you constructed a food pyramid of what I was eating - Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups would have been its own food group.  {right, M?}  Therefore, to get myself back on track I have limited my calories to 1200 a day and eating salads for at least two of my daily meals.  I am {surprisingly} enjoying coming up with creative combinations to keep me interested in my salad meals.  

Thought I would share today's lunch and my recent salad infatuation ... 2 cups of spring greens, a sprinkle of feta, 3 strawberries and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette.  

Any good salad ideas out there that are super-tasty with just a few ingredients??  If I have to think beyond 4 ingredients - I'm grabbin' the Reese's!

1 comment:

  1. I adore very ripe pears, mixed greens, a little feta, and maybe come candied (or for those on diets, plain) pecans... all dressed with a little balsamic and olive oil. mmmm

    ReplyDelete